Thursday, April 2, 2009

First Time for Everything!

So, this past saturday one of my dearest friends Katrina finally got to go through the temple. I used to work with her and was there for her baptism, and now for her endowments! It was such a special experience, not only to be able to be there for her but also because it was the FIRST time I left Braxton for more than an hour. I hadn't been to the temple since before Braxton was born (like 5 months) so needless to say, it was much needed!

Josh and I both had such wonderful experiences and got answers to our prayers and questions that we have been asking for weeks now. I knew we needed to go, but it was hard leaving my little one! Now that we got the first time out of the way I have no problem leaving him! Well at least not as much.

I am so grateful for the temple and the peace and comfort that I feel in it! In sacrament on Sunday our bishop bore his testimony and said that this is a time that we need not fear! As long as we have the gospel there is nothing to fear! That is what I felt at the temple. This time that we struggle with finances, jobs, and satan's evergrowing temptations, I had never felt such peace and comfort as I did that day in the temple. I know that the Lord loves us and is there to lift us up in this time of need.


2 comments:

Katrina Rasband said...

i am so blessed to call you my friend and even more my sister! i love you and am so thankful that you have been so wonderful and helpful in my life! thank you jess (and josh!) for being there on my special day!

Laura said...

You are such an inspiration to me and I learn from you everyday. Advice you gave to me 4mo ago I still remember. You are so special and I am so proud that you are my sister. I need to follow your example too. It's been a while for me to.