Thursday, April 2, 2009

And then there were FIVE!

For those of you who know me well enough, know how much I LOVE animals!! Well this year for my Anniversary, birthday, and christmas present.... Josh finally said we could get me my puppy!!! He said as soon as we got our house we could get a puppy so as soon as we knew we were getting our house I set out on my mission to find my puppy....

We found the perfect one!!! I wanted a dog that would be great with kids and all people and animals alike. Josh and I both enjoy bigger dogs as well so after long research this is what we came up with... Great danes!! Contrary to most beliefs... they are almost a better family dog than Golden Retrievers! The only downside is their size. But not for us! Danes are known as the most patient dogs there are... perfect for children!!! They love all types of animals and people.

So after I started looking I realized that I couldn't choose just one... so we are getting 2!!! I know, you all think I'm crazy, but it's a passion of mine that i've had my whole life, and another dream of mine is to breed some. So meet the two new members of our family!!


This is Alabama (or Bama). He is our little man who will become quite a big guy!






This is our sweet girl Crimson Tide (Crimson). She won't get quite as big as Bama, but close enough!





We don't have them yet because they aren't quite old enough to leave their mom... about 2 1/2 weeks and they will be here!!! I will let you know when they are officially here!

7 comments:

Katrina Rasband said...

cute puppies! we'll stick to kids...they can eventually take care of themselves, feed themselves, go potty themselves, move out! lol but congrats on the new additions!

Julene said...

Wow! I can't wait to see the pictures as they grow. Now you have three kids! Good luck with that.

kimberly said...

cute and already bigger than max at 5 months. i'm a little scared to see them when i visit... and i all i have to say is yahtzee.. game on!!!

Laura said...

I can't wait till you finally get them. You have waited for so long. Thanks Josh for letting her get them.Ha!Ha!

Anny said...

I do know how much you love animals and am happy for you! It will be fun to see how big they grow. We are watching Boston right now and that is the closest we will get to owning a dog. Congratulations

Kass said...

Congrats. Great names for your "puppies." I am glad there are people like you who have the animial love gift. I definitely didn't get it, but am happy for you!

Becca said...

Wow, You guys are brave!!! My kids keep asking for a dog, but I told them we have to have a fence first, and I don't think that will happen. Keep us posted on them. Congrats!!!