Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nixon James Darnell

Nixon James on his blessing day. It was so cool to have my dad there that weekend for it! I was lucky.

Laura Troy and the kids came to visit after he was born for their spring break. It was so fun having them there!


Braxton especially enjoyed having Jared there to follow around.
Such handsome boys! Nixon wasn't too happy.


Braxton loves helping mommy with his brother!



Nixon and his cousin Hank... just 6 weeks apart


Ok ok finally here are the pictures of my new little one!
Nixon was born February 26 at 12:01 PM (exactly 2 weeks early). And isn't Laura just so lucky to share her birthday with my son?! :) He weighed 8lbs 1oz 20 1/2 in long. It's a good thing I didn't go full term holy moly! I had such an easy labor compared to Braxtons! I had him out 30 minutes after I started pushing. Yay! He had troubles breathing because he still had fetal lung fluid stuck in his lungs. So he spent the first day in the nursery to be watched. He also had a little jaundice. But he got to go home with me when i left the hospital so it all worked out.
He is a handful I must say. He is pretty fussy compared to Braxton. But he's already gotten much better. He is starting to sleep through the night so that's all that matters! He is such a chunky boy! He's growing much faster than Braxton did...he loves his food!


Braxton and My friend Erika on Nixon blessing day. He likes to throw gang signs apartently!



Braxton, Nixon and Grandma Darnell



Braxton LOVES kissing his brother! Thats all he wants to do, especially when he's crying.



This is by FAR my favorite picture of Nixon! He was doing a half smile. He's just so loveable!



Happy Birthday to the puppies! They were One year old on Feb 23rd, and March 2nd. Granted they don't look like babies still but they aren't done growing yet! Next time i'll get a pic of them standing next to Braxton... then you'll really get the picture :) WE love them!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

What a cute little boy Jessica. He looks a lot like Braxton. I'm glad Laura was able to come and see you guys along with your dad. Those dogs are amazing. They look like a lot of fun. So glad to see the pictures.

Susie said...

He is sooo handsome - just like big brother!! So glad to hear your labor went well - especially with the size of that bruiser! What a cute family you have Jessica - keep posting - I love seeing your family grow. Hope all is well with your parents and siblings!! Sure miss seeing you guys!

Anny said...

So sweet Jessica. You have a beautiful little family. Love all the pictures and happy you are doing well.

p.s. Happy Birthday big dogs!