Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Who Guessed Right?

So Friday morning (Aug. 1st) Josh and I had the amazing and beautiful experience of our big ultrasound to see our growing child!! The baby is growing so fast! I can hardly believe I'm already over half way through my pregnancy. We took a poll a few days before and the majority of family and friends were just so certain it was going to be a girl. But to Josh and my great surprise and joy... we are having a baby boy!! I told everyone i was happy with either boy or girl, but i have always wanted a boy to be our first child so I am very pleased! The nurse doing our ultrasound was very surprised at his big hands and wide feet, so I am going to make an educated guess saying he will look a lot like his daddy! He moves quite often these days, and I am sure he will become even more active the bigger he gets. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to become and mother to this innocent child of God. Josh and I know without a doubt that this was how God wanted our family to start and we are pumped and ready to become fun loving righteous parents! (or at least try to be! )

8 comments:

Laura said...

We are so excited for another boy cousin. We know you guys will be wonderful parents. Just for the record I believe I have been the one from the beginning to say it was a boy!(Ha Ha)

Becca said...

How exciting!! You need to put a picture of your growing belly on your blog. Have you picked out any names yet? Are we sharing or do we have to wait until he is born. Keep us posted.

Jessica said...

Haha, so far we have a name we really like but it's not a for sure yet so if it becomes a for sure i will let everyone know. Until then we don't want to keep changing it on everyone. And i'll post pictures of my growing belly when it starts growing!!! I've been waiting this whole time for it to start growing and all it looks like is even fatter rolls! It'll come eventually and then i will post them! :)

kimberly said...

jessipoo, i am glad you are going to have a boy because then our unborn boys will be great friends, especially since you are going to be in texas with us. i can't wait.

Susie said...

How wonderful to be expecting a baby boy!! You looked BEAUTIFUL at church a few weeks ago!!! Glowing with your pregnancy!!

Anny said...

Yipee! Boys are so fun and stinky after sports! Sorry I just washed the sickest socks I found in a soccer bag! But seriously, congratulations Jessica. You will be a great mom. Can't wait to see a picture of your growing belly.

Kass said...

Congrats! Boys are so fun & lovable. Can't wait to see what his name will be.

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

You will be an excellent mother as you have a wonderful mother who set a good example for you and you have the gospel of Jesus Christ in your life. Congratulations!